Social Security Disability Attorneys
Improving Your Chances of Winning Disability Benefits
In an ideal world, every person who suffered from a disabling mental or physical condition would have the financial support and medical treatment they needed. Unfortunately, of the 2.1 million disabled people who applied for disability through the SSA in 2017, only approximately 35% were eventually approved. A large portion of these applicants continue to wait for their applications to process. About 70% of disability applicants who apply for Social Security Disability benefits are denied benefits at the initial application stage. Many of the applicants who were denied were legitimately disabled, but because of errors in their applications, insufficient or inaccurate medical documentation, or missed deadlines, they were forced to face their challenges without support from the SSA.
Fortunately, there are ways to improve your chances of winning disability benefits through the SSA. Following these tips may also help expedite your award.
Ensuring Your Application is Complete
Properly preparing your case before filing your claim is key to winning disability benefits. Our attorneys and advocates can help make sure you’re prepared to file and that your application is complete. We’ll help you determine what information you have on hand and what documentation we may need to obtain. We’ll make sure your answers are clear and concise. And we’ll help you access medical records and other evidence that will support your claim.
Ensuring Your Medical Documentation Is Accurate and Complete
According to disability experts, most SSDI claims are won or lost based primarily on medical documentation. To improve your chances of winning your claim, you should make sure to gather your medical records, physician statements, copies of MRIs, x-rays and other tests and records of the medical providers you’ve seen for your condition. Although the SSA requests this documentation themselves, it’s a good idea to request it yourself or have your attorney request it to make sure everything is organized, complete and accurate.
Following the Advice of Your Medical Providers
Demonstrating that you have followed through with treatment plans, taken medications and continued to seek medical advice is also key. Further, asking your provider to complete a Residual Functional Capacity (RFC) evaluation can enhance your chances of winning your claim.
Keeping Tabs on the Status of Your Claim
It is vital to keep close tabs on your disability claim as it proceeds through the approval process. Lost mail, miscommunication and misunderstandings can result in missed deadlines and your claim getting denied.
Hiring an Experienced SSDI Attorney or Advocate
Working with a trained SSDI professional can significantly improve your chances of winning a disability claim at any level in the process. In fact, statistics show that applicants who work with attorneys or advocated early on are much more likely to achieve an award. And working with a professional at the ALD hearing level can more than double your chances of getting approved.
What Are The Benefits of Hiring a Social Security Disability Lawyer?
You can certainly apply for Social Security Disability benefits, file an appeal and even attend your ALJ hearing on your own. With your financial future at stake, however, hiring a disability attorney or advocate to handle your claim makes sense for a number of reasons.
- Improve your odds of winning. When you have a disability professional representing you, your chance of obtaining approval for SSDI benefits skyrockets. In fact, Klain & Associates can more than double your odds of winning.
- Get FREE legal advice. Our team offers disability consultations and case evaluations at no charge to you. We’ll help you determine whether you may qualify for benefits, which disability program is right for you, if you have enough work credits to be eligible and if you have enough medical evidence to support your claim. We’ll even explain how to apply for SSDI.
- Start your disability claim off right. We’ll make sure your application includes all the necessary documentation, correct wording and detail to support your claim. You won’t need to worry about missed deadlines, omissions or mistakes that account for many SSDI denials.
- No fee guarantee. When you work with Klain & Associates, we’ll shoulder the financial burden of pursuing your claim. In fact, our no fee guarantee means we won’t charge you any fees unless you win your claim.
- Increase your award. Our team will ensure that you receive all of the SSDI benefits you’ve earned. We will help you win benefits that date back to when you first became disabled. We’ll help you obtain monthly cash payments for your spouse and dependent children. And we can help your family members continue your claim if your life ends before you receive your disability award.
- Fees are limited. You won’t go broke working with the attorneys and advocates at Klain & Associates. Our fees are capped at $6,000. And since our fees are taken as a percentage of our clients’ back pay, SSDI recipients often owe us much less.
We Help Applicants Win Disability Benefits
Whether you’re preparing to file your initial application for SSDI or SSI, you’ve been denied benefits or you’re preparing for your ALJ hearing, our team can help ensure your application is a success. Give us a call to find out more about how we can improve your chances of winning Social Security disability benefits.